Thursday, March 27, 2008

Life Teaches Us

Lessons from Life.

The longer one lives the more lessons life gives which serve to refine us.
We should never let the lessons go unlearnt, for then we will have wasted the opportunity to be better, more knowledgeable, more impacteous, more gracious, more upright, more beautiful and more lovely tomorrow than we were today.

When I was younger I had not learnt that I needed more than a basic degree in order to achieve more through education.
I hadn’t learnt that I could create my own added value that sets me apart to fulfill my purpose.
I hadn’t learnt it is not so much that opportunity finds you and you seize it, but rather that I can create opportunities and seize the moments.

Now that I am older life has taught me some invaluable lessons.
Common sense and integrity will get you into positions of excellence whereas foolishness and stupidity will get you into a lot of trouble.
Professional competencies leverage one further than basic education.
I’ve learnt that I must create my own added value and live my purpose.
I’ve learnt that I cannot allow myself to be a drifter, for then I will have wasted my life and living.
And, I have learnt that it takes spiritual courage to create opportunities, diligently work through them until they bear fruit.
Yes I’ve learnt that - what I sow is what I will reap, therefore I need to choose what I sow with uttermost care.

The greatest lesson I have learnt is- “life is about choices.” The choices I make in my present have a definite impact on my tomorrows.

My guess is that it is the same for you… make wise choices now for an excellent tomorrow.

No comments: